Sunday, January 3, 2010

Resolution Rip-Off

It is the time of year for resolutions! I am a resolution type of girl, it is a little like dreaming for me. I make a big ole list about making lists, and starting things, and improvement and it makes me feel good. It is a time to start over, make a-new! I enjoy making my list and talking about my resolutions, and encouraging others to make the resolutions, like me. I think it appropriate that we make resolutions at the beginning of a new year, the holidays behind us, and winter ahead we need something to be occupied by. But I have to say this year it feels a little bit like I am being ripped- off. After making my list and gearing up to start New Years Day it happens to fall on no other than a Friday. Fridays are for eating take out and watching movies not starting new life ambitions and goals. We are surely doomed to fail if the second day we are to keep these resolutions is a Saturday! So I am officially beginning my New Years resolution on January 4th and you know what I will not feel guilty that I am now four days behind some of my fellow resoultioners. That just means I should be four days ahead on keeping it!

So about those resolutions, well if you are reading this..... you can probably guess one of my resolutions is to get back to blogging (not sure if I am allowed say get back to blogging.... when I think I only posted five times the first time I tried). One of many on my list is to blog. Why you might ask... even though I am sure no one is asking because I have one follower to date! Well because I like to read other peoples blogs, and I think I have something to say, and my kid well he is cute and I like to talk about him, and I am inspired by reading others blogs and hope to inspire. I think blogging will be interesting and fun and hobby you know kind of like stamp collecting or journal writing. And because I signed up for the My Charming Kids Blog Frog community and in order to join you need to put in your blog address, which conveniently appears right next to your name when you comment, and I did not want to be embarrassed that my blog was a pathetic little mess of updated nothings. Yeah, the last one that is probably it.....

So folks I am going to be blogging at least once a week, sometimes I will update on Carter and other times I am going to use this to say... well whatever I want to say!! And in the meantime I will also be:
1. Getting a financial plan and spending more wisely
2. Reading the entire bible front to back
3. Starting Carters scrapbook.
4. Having date night with my hubby
5. Doing something I enjoy everyday

What will you be doing in 2010?


5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogging! The blog frog community helps keep me updating more frequently.

    Happy New Year!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just clicked here from the BlogFrog discussion about SAHM vs. WOHM. Things are getting heated over there, as usual, and I try to stay out of the heated discussions as much as I can.

    You mentioned doing some online editing for a little extra money. I'm desperately searching for ways to earn a little extra cash while being home with my kids. Can you email me at swnowlan@bellsouth.net and let me know a little about how that works? I have a degree in English Education, so I think that might be right up my alley.

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resolutions!

    You now have TWO followers, btw ;-)

    I'm starting the 30 Day Shred with some of the bloggers on BlogFrog tomorrow. Sweet mercy. I think I'm going to need a lot of prayer!

    Blessings,
    Kate

    *I came from the blogfrog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your going back to blogging. I, too, enjoy blogging and reading others' blogs. It was great to see you and Carter yesterday, and I hope we can keep in touch through these blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some great resolutions! Your blog design is very cute!

    ReplyDelete