Friday, March 26, 2010

Vacuum Wars

I like to clean.....let me rephrase that.... I USED to like to clean before I had a nearly two year old that enjoys making a mess precisely where I just scrubbed, vacuumed or dusted. Now cleaning feels a little like a never ending battle. What is that quote that all good meaning much older people than I say about cleaning and children.... I think it goes something like 'cleaning a house while children are growing is like shoveling snow while it is still snowing'! Well people let me tell you it is like the PA Blizzard of 2010 here everyday, all day.

In order to make my cleaning experience more enjoyable and productive I decided to try to involve Carter in anyway possible. So under the tree this Christmas was a play vacuum, cute to boot, with real life vacuuming sounds and a little canister that has yarn and such in it. I thought it would give him something to do while I vacuumed. Nope! Instead every now and again when it catches his eye he will run with it around the house as fast as he can doing I am sure irreversible damage to the hardwoods. Then he drops it and goes back to his cars or what not..... until one day he decided that he might make this toy more interesting after all. When I was vacuuming about a week ago he grabbed his vacuum, stood facing me and my big vacuum and proceeded to ram his vacuum into mine as I swept the area rug. Then he would laugh like a banchie and continue to do it. When I pulled the vacuum back attempting those oh. so. straight. vacuum lines he would charge me with his miniature vacuum and ram right into me!! You know a little like this..


And his face looks like this every time he succeeded in bumping me..... like "Whoa Mom watch out"
.
As a side note taking pictures and vacuuming.... UBER HARD!!!












1 comment:

  1. He looks adorable pushing around that vacuum. What a cutie!

    ~Debra at http://ourimperfectlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete